Shockwave Therapy Toronto
Shockwave Therapy is a safe, non-invasive, non-surgical treatment procedure treatment for patients suffering from many tendon, muscle and joint disorders.
Ace Physio employs the highly advanced Storz MP200 Shockwave Therapy Machine to apply acoustic pressure waves to the affected area, thereby stimulating the affected tissue and bones at a cellular level to produce a natural response in the body and accelerate the healing process.
7 Reasons To Choose Ace Physio for Shockwave Therapy?
1. Experienced Clinicians:Only Registered Physiotherapists and Chiropodists assess your condition, and apply the treatment.
2. Coverage Options: Covered by most extended health care insurance, with little to no out-of-pocket fees
3. Top of the Line Technology: Storz MP200 Shockwave Therapy Machine Full size Shockwave Therapy unit, not the compact versions, easy to tell by looking for a separate compressor. While the compact or miniature version is limited to 2.8 bars of power at 15hz, while our full size machine can drive 5 bars of power, and a frequency of 21 hertz.
4. Thorough Treatments: Other clinics only treat 2000 shocks, and only treat the pain points. At Ace physio we are some of the pioneers of this technology in Toronto, and Canada. Our experience has shown us that you cannot simply treat the pain points, but should also treat the surrounding musculature and nerves.
5. Fee Schedule: We do not charge an additional fee for Shockwave Therapy, all treatments are included within our standard Physiotherapy services. This means that our Registered Physiotherapists will apply the treatment they feel will provide you with the most optimal results. Shockwave Therapy can also be combined with additional physiotherapy techniques including; soft tissue mobilization incl gua sha, exercises (incl stretches and stabilization exercises), therapeutic taping, vibration therapy and laser therapy to enhance your therapy session.
6. Flexible Scheduling: Online Scheduling and Weekend Appointments
7. Conveniently Located: Yonge St and College St TTC (North-East Access) and In building Parking off Wood St
Shockwave Therapy has helped many of my past patients reduce their pain, and improve their well-being, at Ace Physio we would love to chat with you to see whether you would also be a good fit for this incredible new therapy. Brad Saltz (Registered Physiotherapist)
Methods by which Shockwave Therapy works:
Pain Relief: stimulates nerves to induce an analgesic reaction mechanism, which blocks pain messages.
Tissue Stimulation: Breaks down adhesions between tissues and generates cavitation bubbles that break down calcific deposits